FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, DIAL 911.
Emergencies and disasters can occur at any time. Here is pertinent information for specialty pharmacy patients and caregivers to help prepare for these events.
Texas Children’s Specialty Pharmacy – Available 24/7
Toll Free: (877) 727-2503, Option 2
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. CT.
A pharmacist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for questions and support.
(E.G., TROPICAL STORMS, HURRICANES, FLOODS, STORM SURGES, TORNADOS, ETC.)
- Have a plan to address emergencies, disasters, and other unexpected events before they occur, including having access to a two-week supply of medications for all family members.
- Prepare a disaster kit with basic essential supplies including a battery-operated radio or hand-crank radio.
- Keep alert for up-to-date emergency information, instructions, evacuation procedures and orders over local media i.e., radio, television, or mobile devices for Internet/social media alerts.
- Contact the Specialty Pharmacy to coordinate pharmacy services. The Specialty Pharmacy shall make every effort to minimize interruptions, or delays, in prescription therapy using all available resources.
- Fill an ice chest with ice to store all refrigerated medications.
- Notify the Specialty Pharmacy of evacuation and evacuation location to minimize interruptions, or delays, in prescription therapy.