Product Development in Healthcare Settings Innovation Stories & Professional Presentations
- IMSH SimVentor Award 2020
- ANA Innovation Team Award, sponsored by Stryker 2022 (https://youtu.be/cQDqp1g-VF8)
INNOVATION STORIES & CASE STUDIES
- American Nurses Association Innovation Blog, July 2022
- Texas Nurses Association Publication, June 2022
- Texas Children’s Innovation Blog
- RediStik® Wearable Trainers:
- Lead Inventor Story on RediStik Wearable Trainer Development (2020).
- Sawbones© (2020). Revolutionizing Medical Education Technology at Texas Children’s Hospital: https://www.pacific-research.com/case-studies/texas-childrens-hospital-redistik/
- Texas Children's Hospital© (2020). Nurse develops novel approach to medical simulation for PIV, CVC and port training. https://texaschildrensnews.org/nurse-develops-novel-approach-to-medical-simulation-for-piv-and-port-training/
- Airway and Respiratory Containment (ARC):
- Hello World, Bloomberg Business (2020): This $130 Box Could Transform Covid-19 Care. https://youtu.be/LEOURDm8INg
- Sawbones© (2020). Product Development During a Pandemic – ARC System for COVID – 19 Containment During Respiratory Intubation. https://www.pacific-research.com/case-studies/texas-childrens-hospital-arc/
- Chest Tube/02 Securement Solution for IV Poles:
- Texas Children's Hospital© (2017). Nurses Co-Develop Council to Support Innovative Solutions and Enhance Patient Care: https://texaschildrensnews.org/nurses-co-develop-council-to-support-innovative-solutions-and-enhance-patient-care/
- Global HOPE Nursing Newsletter, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers, December 2019
- Features RediStik® PIV trainer and mentorship with Global HOPE
- Global HOPE Nursing Newsletter, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers, November 2020
- Features RediStik® PIV trainer and their QI project outcomes and publication
- FREE education resources available at https://txchglobalhope.moodle.school from the Texas Children's Hospital© Global HOPE Learning Academy where the open courses for Sub-Saharan African Clinics are held on peripheral IV care and maintenance.
- Improving Peripheral Intravenous Catheter Care for Children with Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy in Malawi. Published in the Journal of Pediatric Nursing, November 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2020.09.019
- RediStik® PIV Trainers and PIV insertion skills videos developed by frontline staff at TCH were utilized in the study.
- Sawbones© Vendor Booth, IMSH 2020, San Diego, California
- 2-day demonstration of RediStik® products at Sawbones© vendor booth
- ECMO Cannulation Trainer procedure performed by Dr. Mazziotti
- IMSH 2021- International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare
- ECMO Cannulation Trainer Proof-of-Concept Design and Implementation https://youtu.be/BDlr_RT86GQ
- IPSSV 2020- International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshops
- IMSH 2020- International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare
- SimVentor presentation on Design and Implementation of Wearable Task Trainer Proof-of-Concepts
- Pediatric ECMO Cannulation Trainer Proof of Concept Design and Implementation
- SimVentor Showcase category: International competition winner!
- IPSSV 2019 - International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshops: Lead Presenter
- Biomedical Engineering Society, (Houston Chapter) 2018 – 2020
- Nursing Professional Development and Education Council presents Professional Day 2019: Evidence-Based Approaches to Care in Pediatrics and Obstetrics.