Radiology Second Opinion Service
Texas Children’s Hospital Department of Radiology welcomes the opportunity to provide second opinions and collaborate with health care providers about the care of their patients. All second opinion cases are reviewed by a board certified pediatric radiologist.
At Texas Children’s Hospital, we have routine multidisciplinary medical, oncology, pathology, and surgical conferences. If there is need, after second opinion interpretation, we have an ancillary team who can efficiently guide referral and definitive treatment of your condition by world class leaders in their field, whether it is a sports medicine injury or an orthopaedic oncology case.
Insurance companies will usually pay for second opinions, but please verify with the insurance carrier.
1. Complete the Radiology Second Opinion Form
Please include the specific IMG code on the form under 'Type of Study.'
- IMG2649 Outside Read Body CT
- IMG2651 Outside Read Neuro CT
- IMG2653 Outside Read MSK CT
- IMG2655 Outside Read Cardiac CT
- IMG2650 Outside Read Body MRI
- IMG2652 Outside Read Neuro MRI
- IMG2654 Outside Read MSK MRI
- IMG2655 Outside Read Cardiac MRI
- IMG2657 Outside Read Fetal MRI
2. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax forms to:
- Main Campus: 832-825-5512
- West Campus: 832-227-1226
- Woodlands Campus: 936-267-5902
3. CDs of images should be dropped off or mailed directly to the campus of your choice:
- Main Campus
Texas Children's Hospital
Attn. Radiology Imaging Services
6701 Fannin Street, 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77030
- West Campus
Texas Children's Hospital West Campus
18200 Katy Freeway, 2nd Floor
Houston, TX 77094
- Woodlands Campus
Texas Children's Hospital The Woodlands
17600 Interstate 45 South, 1st Floor
The Woodlands, TX 77384
- Note: Referring physicians may upload images to our online portal (lifeIMAGE).
For assistance with lifeIMAGE or the referral process, please call Radiology Imaging Services (formerly Film Library) at 832-822-1202.
Musculoskeletal Radiology Second Opinion Services
All second opinion cases are reviewed by a board certified pediatric radiologist with additional subspecialty training in musculoskeletal radiology. The interpretations will either be performed by Dr. J. Herman Kan, section chief of pediatric musculoskeletal radiology, or one of his associates. Dr. Kan is the author of the textbook “Pediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal MRI: a case based approach,” musculoskeletal section editor of the textbook “Caffey’s Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging,” and is first or co-author of over 60 scientific articles and textbook chapters.
For a MSK Second Opinion, please refer to the instructions above.