Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
How to Apply
To qualify for the Orthopedic Physician Assistant Fellowship program, eligible candidates must have:
- Graduated from a PA Program prior to matriculation into the program
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, or be eligible to sit for the PANCE
- PA license from the Texas Board of Medicine preferable.
- Completed career application with current Curriculum Vitae
- One-page personal statement focusing on why you are interested in the Orthopedic Physician Assistant Fellowship program
- One professional recommendation letter
Class of 2023-2024 Application Timeline
Length of program: 12 Months
Program size: Up to 2 PA Fellows
Program start date: October 2023
Application Deadline: June 2023
Interviews: May 2023 (2nd interview if needed)
Selected applicants will be invited for either an in-person or virtual interview based on evidence of adaptability, initiation, enthusiasm, personal aspirations, motivational fit, interpersonal skills, and a strong desire for further develop of their pediatric orthopedic skills and knowledge.
All candidates will be notified in writing of the admission committee’s decision
Candidates who have been interviewed are notified of the admission committee's decision as early as 10 days following the final interview date in January, but no later than February 1.
Candidates may confirm their place in the class by written acceptance sent directly to the Program Coordinator following admission notification.
Candidates who have been interviewed and not offered a position in the program will be ranked on an alternate list. The highest ranked candidate on the alternate list would be notified if an identified candidate withdrew from the program prior to their start date.
Inquiries regarding admissions, application process, or structure of the program should be directed to:
Magda C. Gonzalez, PA Fellowship Academic Coordinator
Texas Children’s Hospital, Department of Surgery