Texas Children’s is filled with amazing and inspirational stories of our nursing team’s dedication to improving the quality of care we deliver to children and women. Our nurses are leading quality and safety initiatives, and together they are building on a strong foundation, which has led to many successes.
Below are some of our nursing stories that demonstrate the compassion, collaboration and ingenuity that goes into the work our nurses do every day across Texas Children’s Hospital system.
Nurses obtain highest degree
Nine nurses, who obtained their Doctor of Nursing Practice, share their personal journey, the invaluable lessons they learned and how Texas Children’s supported them along the way.
Celebrating our amazing nurses
In recognition of National Nurses Week, Texas Children’s honored our amazing team of more than 3,500 nurses for their tireless commitment to improving patient care, safety and outcomes.
Legacy Tower turns one
Our nurses share how the new state-of-the-art spaces in Lester and Sue Smith Legacy Tower are enhancing the care they deliver to our most critically ill patients.
Leading the way
Nurses play a crucial role in the West Tower backfill project, which will meet the future growth of acute care, and enhance the delivery of care for our diverse patient populations.
- Texas Children’s received Magnet re-designation for nursing excellence
- Legacy Tower phase one update since historic opening
- Texas Children’s opens first phase of Legacy Tower with successful patient move
- Nurses participate in patient care simulations prior to Legacy Tower opening
- Nursing hosts successful virtual town hall, enhances nursing engagement
- Texas Children’s nurses recognized during National Nurses Week
- Houston Chronicle Salute to Nurses: Top 15 nurses receive honors
- Texas Children’s named CNOR strong for high certification of OR nurses
- Texas Children’s nurses bring holiday cheer to foster children
- Nurses co-develop council to support innovative solutions in patient care
- Texas Children’s 3000+ nurses recognized during National Nurses Week
- Houston Chronicle Salute to Nurses: Top 10 nurses receive honors
- Texas Children’s nurses plan engagement surprise, wedding for patient family
- Texas Children’s reaches milestone in journey towards Magnet re-designation
- CPCU reaches 365 days and counting with zero CLABSI
- Texas Children’s Health Plan nurses named in Houston’s 150 top nurses
- Pavilion for Women receive Baby Friendly Hospital designation
- Texas Children’s nurses contribute to Solutions for Patient Safety award
- Bad Pants Day honors contributions of Texas Children’s neonatal nurses
- Several Texas Children’s nurses receive GSF Excellence in Nursing Award
- New in situ simulation program enhances role clarity in high-risk emergencies
- Texas Children’s Cancer Center nurse serenading patient goes viral
- Pavilion for Women perioperative nursing leader elected ACORN president
- Texas Children’s nurses lead first graduating class of APRNs from Texas Tech UHSC
- Veteran nurse selected to lead nurses on Special Isolation Unit’s Special Response Team
- Above and beyond: MFM nurses, staff spring into action to fulfill patient’s wedding wish