Services and Fleet Information
The Texas Children's Mobile Clinics provide:
- Well-child, sports and school physicals (uninsured children)
- Illness/urgent care examinations (uninsured children)
- Vaccinations/immunizations (for Texas Vaccines for Children eligible children)
- Help applying for public health insurance, such as Medicaid, CHIP, and Harris Health Eligibility Card
- Referrals to medical and social services as needed
- Health care and nutrition education for children and families
- Referrals to permanent and trusted medical homes
Helping families get the help they need
The mobile clinic bilingual team includes four pediatricians, one nurse practitioner, six medical assistants, a community health worker, and a clinic manager.
The Texas Children’s Mobile Clinic Program collaborates closely with the Texas Children’s Trauma and Grief Center to bring behavioral health therapy to underserved children.
The SuperKids Mobile Clinic
In 2000, the Junior League of Houston, Inc. donated the SuperKids mobile clinic to Texas Children’s Hospital to benefit the medically underserved children of Houston. For the first two years, the League supported all the clinic’s operating expenses. SuperKids Pediatric Mobile Clinic is a fully-equipped medical clinic in a customized motor coach. It primarily travels to schools in the Gulfton area of Southwest Houston.
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile became part of the Texas Children’s Mobile Clinic Program in January 2006 to benefit medically underserved Houston children. Operated in partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Houston/Galveston, the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is a fully equipped medical clinic in a customized motor coach. It primarily travels to schools in the Greater Hobby Airport area of Southeast Houston but can be seen all over the greater Houston area traveling to areas of greatest need.
The Texas Children's Care Squad
The Texas Children’s Care Squad joined the mobile clinic fleet in 2015 and was donated to Texas Children’s Hospital by the Katz Foundation. The Care Squad is a smaller unit that provides comprehensive health care in locations where our larger units cannot reach.