Texas Children’s Department of Radiology has partnered with lifeIMAGE to provide the opportunity for patients and health care providers to send medical images and information electronically to our renowned radiologists.
How do I request access to Texas Children’s Hospital’s lifeIMAGE?
If you would like to register to access LifeIMAGE, call Texas Children’s Hospital Information Services (IS) team at 832-824-3512.
If you have questions, call the Texas Children’s Hospital Radiology Imaging Library at 832-822-1202.
This safe and secure cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant service has many benefits. Health care providers can collaborate with and receive second-opinions from our specialists without having to duplicate tests, and they can share medical information to help a patient’s visit be more successful.
In addition, lifeIMAGE:
- Eliminates the need for CDs and DVDs
- Assists in development of detailed, rapid treatment plans In emergency and transfer situations
- Removes the need for unnecessary repeat scans, reducing time, cost and radiation exposure for patients
- Allows automatic connections with Epic and PACS databases for patient information access
LifeIMAGE at Texas Children’s Department of Radiology has two components:
- ReferralBox. Physicians and patients outside Texas Children’s can upload images for review by the Department of Radiology.
- OutBox. The Department of Radiology can quickly and conveniently share the results of imaging procedures with referring physicians.