Kangaroo Crew brings critically ill babies and children to Texas Children's Hospital from all over the nation and Central America for expert care.
The Kangaroo Crew offers:
- The highest level of transport staff expertise, including extensive Simulation Based Training
- A safe, modern fleet
- State-of-the-art, specially designed neonatal/pediatric equipment
Texas Children's Kangaroo Crew serves as Houston Texans Honorary Team Captains at the season opener on September 13, 2015.
About the Kangaroo Crew
Texas Children's Kangaroo Crew has been transporting critically ill babies and children for more than 20 years and performs more than 1,500 critical transports a year.
Four specially-equipped ground ambulances deliver 80 percent of Kangaroo Crew transports from locations within 90 miles of Texas Children's Hospital.
Our customized Cessna airplane, put into service in 2008, transports critically ill newborn babies and children from throughout the United States and Central America. It can reach speeds up to 450 miles per hour and travel up to 1,800 miles without refueling in all types of weather.
A hop, skip and jump away from the best
When the phone rings at Kangaroo Crew's 24/7 command center, the team springs into action, consulting with the appropriate pediatric subspecialists and forming a plan of care. This quick response allows treatment to begin the moment the team picks up the patient.
Our experienced staff gives each child the best possible care by calling upon the hospital's comprehensive range of expertise, including:
- The nation's largest Newborn Center and Level 4 nursery
- Exceptional patient care resources of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- World-renowned specialists in pediatric cardiology and congenital heart surgery and more than 40 other subspecialties
- Multidisciplinary approach to the complex health issues of newborn babies
- Family-centered care in a facility created especially for babies and children