Texas Children's Kangaroo Crew® is the only pediatric intensive care transport service in the region that offers such a high level of expertise on each and every transport.
Available every day of the year around the clock, Kangaroo Crew transport trips include specially trained and licensed:
- Registered nurses (RN), with critical care registered nurse (CCRN) certification or certified Emergency Room
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
- Registered pediatric respiratory therapists (RRT)
- Neonatal nurse practitioners (NNP)
- If needed, a neonatologist or a pediatric critical care physician accompany transports.
Training, talent and teamwork
Every team member has:
- A background in neonatal, pediatric critical care, EC Level I Trauma
- At least two years intensive care experience
- Annual flight and ground training
- Special training in advanced skills, including extensive Simulation Based Training