Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Preparing for Your Visit
When you first arrive at our hospital, please plan on coming to the International and Destination Medicine Department before your first appointment. Your International Coordinator will greet you and have an orientation meeting. During this orientation, you will be provided an opportunity to ask questions, and receive more information on the hospital, the Houston area, and amenities that are available.
What to Bring to Appointments
- Hard copies of any updated records to include list of medications and/or images
- Any insurance forms for the physician to complete
- To take full advantage of your time with your physician, it is recommended that you come prepared with a list of questions and concerns to discuss with the physician
- A notebook to document important points/recommendations during the appointment
- A light jacket or extra layer of clothes as the temperature in the hospital may vary
- If applicable, your child’s favorite toy and/or snack
Your child’s health is important to you around the clock – not just during office hours. That’s why Texas Children’s now offers MyChart, your free, secure online connection to our system.
MyChart makes it easy for you to:
- Review your appointment history, chronic illnesses, medical and surgical history, allergies, medications and after-visit summaries
- Email non-urgent medical questions and get a response within two business days
- Request prescription renewals online
- View many test results online and print them
- Conveniently complete medical questionnaires prior to appointments
- View and print your child’s immunization records
- Access your child’s growth chart
Signing up is simple: Ask the staff at your clinic’s reception desk for an activation form to complete, and return it when you are finished. You will receive an email notification within two weeks confirming your MyChart account access.
Health Information Management
Health Information Management stores and maintains your child’s medical records in a secure environment. Upon request, your International Coordinator will provide you with the Request for Medical Records Form and will assist you in obtaining the requested medical records along with a CD of any images.
At Texas Children's, Language Services provides assistance throughout the patient's stay. Interpreter services are available 24/7 to help patients and families communicate with caregivers in the language with which they are most comfortable.
The City of Houston
Learn more about the city of Houston, including transportation, accommodations, things to do, and all that our city has to offer at visithoustontexas.com.