Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
International Visiting Observers Program: How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and are interested in applying to our International Visiting Observers Program at Texas Children’s Hospital, please send an email to email@example.com after completing the following steps:
Prepare the following information:
- Complete the International Visiting Observers Program Application Form (.pdf)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A letter of good standing from your institution
- Copy of diplomas (include translation if documents are not in English)
- Copy of passport and visa
- Immunization Record (must be completed by a physician, not the observer)
- Proof of medical insurance (policy must be in English and US dollars)
We recommend applying at least six months prior to the intended start date. Due to the individual department and division criteria, processing times may vary. The review process generally takes around six weeks.
- Texas Children’s Hospital does not assist directly in obtaining visas or visa forms.
- Medical students are not eligible for this program and should explore opportunities through Baylor College of Medicine International Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texas Children’s International Visiting Observers Program should not be used as a means to:
- “Try out” for clinical training programs
- Offer opportunities to network for future training or employment
- Obtain research or laboratory experience
- Obtain US-based experience for the purpose of seeking graduate medical training in the US
- Obtain activities for curriculum vitaes
- Living arrangements are the responsibility of accepted applicants. International Services can provide a list of hotels and apartments in the Texas Medical Center area; however, accepted applicants are responsible for the costs of all travel and living expenses.