Virtual visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
How to Become a Patient?
The International and Destination Medicine team works on behalf of our patients and offers you many services to support your child and your family before, during and after your visit to Houston.
Prepare the following information
- Complete the New Patient Form (.pdf)
- Send a copy of the passports and visas of the patient, parents or legal guardians
- If you have medical insurance, send a copy of your insurance card (both sides)
- Send a copy of all medical records in English as follow below:
Summary of the treatment as of to date:
- Medication names, dates and dosages
- Lab results and radiology reports
- Ultrasounds, X-rays or MRIs (if you have any of this, let us know so that we can send you access to upload them) d) Send this information to email@example.com
Please note that we may request additional information if necessary.
What to expect after submitting all the information?
- A member of our team will reply to your request and ask for additional information if necessary;
- Once we have everything we need to proceed, you will be assigned to an International Coordinator dedicated solely to your application who will contact you to discuss any questions or concerns you may have;
- Medical information will then be reviewed by our medical specialists who will provide a recommendation;
- Your International Coordinator will work with you to schedule appointments and/or services based on clinic availability.
How to pay for health services?
- If you have insurance, your health care benefits will be verified by our financial advisor taking into account the medical recommendations and services that will be necessary for your specific case.
- If you decide to self-pay, we will provide an estimate based on medical services recommended by our specialists. This amount will be required as a deposit before any medical appointment can be made.