Food Allergy Program Teen Advisory Board
About the Food Allergy Program Teen Advisory Board
The Texas Children’s Hospital Food Allergy Program Teen Advisory Board is a leadership program to promote food allergy awareness in the community and to be a mentor to other food allergic children. Members will participate in the planning of outreach activities including the Texas Children’s Hospital Food Allergy Symposium youth session, Texas Children’s Hospital Food Allergy Family Network youth meetings, community outreach, and other projects.
Members will serve a 1 year term. Individuals may re-apply the following year to serve additional terms.
- Age 12-17 years at the time of application
- Use his or her knowledge, skills, and abilities to help be a mentor to children with food allergies
- Diagnosis of food allergy
- Carry epinephrine auto-injector at all times (if prescribed)
- Attend at least two planning meetings (in-person or phone)
- Attend at least one outreach meeting
- Live in Houston and surrounding area
- Must have permission from parent or guardian to participate in activities
- Must have permission from parent or guardian to be listed on Texas Children’s Hospital documents such as flyers, presentations, website, etc. which may be used and dispensed to the general public
Applicants who have been accepted to the Teen Advisory Board will be notified by March 20, 2020.
Contact Daisy Tran Vita by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-824-3640.