Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Adolescent and Young Adult Program
The Adolescent and Young Adult Program (AYA) brings teens of all ages and diagnoses together to facilitate friendships, provide support, answer questions, receive advice from long-term survivors, and, above all, have fun. It is not enough to simply treat an adolescent with cancer or a blood disorder—we must also ensure they are emotionally and socially supported. The Adolescent and Young Adult Program organizes events throughout the year to bring teens together. The program is provided these events to all patients free-of-charge, due to The Houston Children's Charity's generous support.
We are committed to providing an opportunity for all adolescents to get peer support at Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Center.
Our mission is to enhance the coping and adjustment of adolescents at Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Center through educational, social, and recreational activities.
- Help teens cope with their cancer diagnosis or hematological disorder
- Provide a safe environment for teens to discuss feelings and anxieties
- Increase self-esteem in teenage cancer patients
- Facilitate independence
- Give teens an opportunity to engage in life not defined by their diagnosis
- Increase community involvement at Texas Children's Cancer Center
Teens Conquering Houston is the adolescent group of The Adolescent and Young Adult Program.
For questions about the program, please contact The Appointment Desk or one of our social workers. If you are interested in becoming a member of Teens Conquering Houston and The Adolescent and Young Adult Program, please complete an application. Applications may be picked up or dropped off at the following locations:
- Wallace Tower, 14th Floor, Cancer Center Appointments Desk
- Wallace Tower, 14th Floor, Cancer Center Infusion Room
- West Tower, 8th Floor, BMT Nurses Station and BMT Clinic
- West Tower, 9th Floor, Inpatient Team Counter (Nurses Station by the public elevators)