Below is a list of web-based resources regarding common conditions treated in Adolescent Medicine.
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center
- Kids Eat Right Teens
- Choose My Plate & Super Tracker
- Choose My Plate Healthy Menus and Recipes
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Adolescent and School Health
- Mayo Clinic Teen Weight Loss
- TeensHealth: Overwieght and Obesity
- TeensHealth: Food & Fitness
- Academy for Eating Disorders
Mission: The Academy for Eating Disorders is a global professional association committed to leadership in eating disorders research, education, treatment, and prevention.
- Global Foundation for Eating Disorders (GFED)
Mission: GFED invests in the latest scientific research to identify and disseminate the most effective treatments for eating disorders.
- Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy, and Action
Mission: The Eating Disorders Coalition is the advocacy organization for eating disorders. We advance the recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority at the federal and state level.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
Mission: The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Inc. is a non-profit (501 c 3) corporation that seeks to prevent and alleviate the problems of eating disorders, especially including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder.
- National Eating Disorders Association
Mission: The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the leading non-profit organization in the United States advocating on behalf of and supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. Reaching millions every year, we campaign for prevention, improved access to quality treatment, and increased research funding to better understand and treat eating disorders. We work with partners and volunteers to develop programs and tools to help everyone who seeks assistance.
- Binge Eating Disorder Association
Founded in 2008, the Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) is a national organization focused on providing leadership, recognition, prevention, and treatment of BED and associated weight stigma. Through outreach, education and advocacy, BEDA will facilitate increased awareness and proper diagnosis of BED, and promote excellence in care for those who live with, and those who treat, binge eating disorder and its associated conditions. BEDA is committed to promoting cultural acceptance of, and respect for, the natural diversity of sizes, as well as promoting a goal of improved health, which may or may not include weight change.
In the News
- Weight-shaming hurts kids, and their kids, too (Today Show)
Learn more about our efforts in improving health care transition of youth and young adults with chronic illness and disabilities from pediatric to adult based care.