Bariatric surgery is a tool to help with weight loss. Adolescents undergoing major surgery will need the support of their family to initiate and maintain lifestyle changes including healthy eating and regular exercise. Sustaining these changes can be difficult; meeting regularly with other patients and their families is beneficial for clarification and motivation of making healthier choices.
Monthly Bariatric Support Group attendance is required for all patients . After the initial visit with the Bariatric Surgery Program, the team will provide the patient with additional information regarding the Bariatric Support Group.
2021 Support Group Dates and Topics
- January 5th – Get Motivated! with guest speaker Liv Harrison
- February 2nd - Heart Healthy Exercises
- March 2nd - CHEF Cooking Demo
- April 6th - Eating Healthy on the Go!
- May 4th - CHEF Cooking Demo
- June 1st - Exercising at Home
- July 6th - CHEF Cooking Demo
- August 3rd - Packing a Healthy Lunch
- September 7th - CHEF Cooking Demo
- October 5th - CHEF Cooking Demo
- November 2nd - Staying Healthy During the Holidays
- December 7th - CHEF Cooking Demo