Protecting Yourself from COVID-19
COVID-19 is a serious virus, but the good news is that there are ways to protect ourselves.
In addition to getting vaccinated, stay healthier during the holidays by:
- Staying safe while traveling. If you plan to travel over the holidays, you may consider checking federal, local and state requirements for quarantining or masking, as well as guidance from airlines and airports.
- Masking indoors or when you cannot socially distance. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated should wear a mask in indoor public places. Even if you are fully vaccinated, wearing a mask in indoor public places maximizes protection from the virus that causes COVID-19 and prevents possibly spreading it to others.
- Practicing hand hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Planning outdoor gatherings. There is a lower risk of transmission of COVID-19 when socializing outdoors. If you plan to spend time with family and friends, outside activities are a safer option.
- Avoiding large public gatherings. While there are likely to be celebrations or parties happening during the holidays, we do not recommend gathering in large crowds.