Video visit appointments available 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:00pm. Learn More
Lettuce cups from True Food Kitchen
We’ve been working with True Food Kitchen in an effort to show families how healthy eating can be attainable, palatable and enjoyable to make, and we’re eager to share the first original recipe video they crafted in collaboration with 10Ben and Video by Robot.
Serves: 2-3 people
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chicken (1/4 inch diced)
- ½ cup mushrooms (1/4 inch diced)
- ½ cup jicama (1/4 inch diced)
- 1 Tbsp scallions (split, chopped)
- Hot sauce (to taste) – we recommend purchasing your favorite low-sodium brand
- 1 tsp cashews (roasted, chopped) – optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (toasted) – optional
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add chicken and mushrooms; lightly caramelize.
- Add hot sauce and cook until hot.
- Add jicama, cashews and sesame seeds to the pan, cook for 10 seconds; add half of the chopped scallions.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and top with remaining scallions, cashews and sesame seeds.
Enjoy! If you’d like to learn more about the mission behind this video series, check out our first blog here.
Andrew Weil, MD,