We know this is a stressful time for many families, especially for those with health conditions. Below we have provided resources for families during this difficult time.
Donated insulins were shipped to Direct Relief International (DRI) as part of their hurricane preparedness program. Insulin will be distributed through DRI.
- Contact the Lilly Answers Center at 1-800-545-5979
- Many insurance plans have disaster overrides that allow you to replace your destroyed medicine for the cost of a co-pay. If you don’t have a disaster override, Lilly will provide you with a new 30-day supply at no charge. If you have a high deductible plan that normally requires you to pay the full price for you treatment, you’ll receive a 30-day supply at no charge if your medicine is destroyed.
- Patient assistance is available at http://www.sanofipatientconnection.com/
- Novo Nordisk
- Patient assistance is available at 1-866-310-7549 or http://novonordisk-us.com/patients/patient-assistance-programs/diabetes-care.html
Insulin pump supplies
Many of the insulin pump companies can send out emergency supplies. The local representatives may have extra supplies.
- Storm hotline: 1-800-MiniMed (646-4633), Ext 64545
- Customer service: 1-800-633-8766
- Customer service: 1-877-801-6901
- Customer service: 1-800-591-3455
- Customer service: 1-877-937-7867
- Pumps It
- Office: 281-955-8900
- Customer technical support: 844-607-8398